Grab Bucket Introduction
Grab bucket is a special tool for cranes to grab dry bulk cargo. It consists of two or more bucket jaw plates which can be opened and closed together to form a space for holding material.
When loading, the jaw plate is closed in the material heap, and the material is grabbed into the space for holding material. When unloading, the jaw plate opens in the suspension state on the material heap, and the material is scattered on the material heap. The opening and closing of the jaw plate is generally controlled by the wire rope of the lifting mechanism of the crane. Grab is the main dry bulk cargo loading and unloading tool in port, which has no heavy manual labor and can achieve higher loading and unloading efficiency and ensure safety.
Grab Bucket for Cranes
According to the types of cargo, it can be divided into ore grab, coal grab, grain grab, wood grab, etc. Grab bucket can be divided into two rope grab, single rope grab and motor grab according to the operation characteristics. The most commonly used grab is double rope grab.
Types of Grab Buckets
Based on different standards, the Grab Buckets can be classified into different types. And the general classifications of Grab Buckets are as follow:
On grab bucket shape
Based on grab bucket shapes, Grab Buckets can be classified into clamshell grab buckets, orange peel grab, and cactus grab bucket.
1) Clamshell grab bucket is the most common one which is used in silty, clayey and sandy materials.
2) Orange peel grab bucket is frequently applied to remove the large irregular pieces of rock and other irregular pieces. With 8 yaws, the orange peel grab usually do not close very well.
3) Cactus grab bucket is usned to hadle the coarse and fine materials at same time. With 3 or 4 jaws that close very well in the closed position and form a proper bucket.
On bulk density of materials
According to bulk density of materials, crane grab buckets can be grouped in light, medium, heavy, and extra heavy crane grab basket.
1)Light crane grab bucket is used to handle materials with the bulk density of γ< 1.2t / m³ , such as dry grain, little bricks, lime, fly ash, aluminum oxide, sodium carbonate, dry slag , etc.
2) Medium crane grab bucket is used to handle materials with the bulk density of γ=1.2t/ m³~2.0t/ m³, such as, gypsum, gravel, pebbles, cement, large blocks, etc.
3) Heavy crane grab bucket is used to handle materials with the bulk density ofγ= 2.0t / m³ ~2.6 t / m³, such as, hard rock, small and medium-sized ore and scrap steel, etc.
4) Extra heavy crane grab bucket is used to handle materials with the bulk density ofγ>2.6t / m³,such as, heavy ore, scrap steel, etc.
On mechanical principals
1) Ropes grab. The Grab Buckets can be classified into single rope grab bucket, double rope grab bucket, and four rope grab buckets.
2) Power self-supplied grab. The power self-supplied grab is usually referred to the one with electric motor, which is not suitable for underwater work.
3) Non power self-supplied grab. The non-power self-supplied grab is mainly referred to electric hydraulic grab and pneumatic type grab.
DJCRANES can recommend the corresponding grab types according to the customer's working conditions as a reference.
- The last one：No information!
- The next one:：Permanent Lifting Magnet of DJCRANES